Monday, June 20, 2011

Little Rock

This weekend I went to Little Rock to help host a baby shower for my dear friend Sarah. Sarah and I have been friends since we were in elementary school. We grew up on the same street and shared clothes. Literally, when we got into junior high and high school we would go down to each others house and borrow something to wear for school the following day. I miss those days :( Sarah now lives in Chicago and is about to finish up with Chiropractic school. Riley and her will be moving back to Arkansas..YEA!! They bought a house in the Heights in Little Rock. I got to go see it and absolutely loved it! They are planning to do some renovations to it before they move in December. The main reason for going to Little Rock was to celebrate baby Hadley! Cat's sister and I helped host the baby shower. The shower was at Loca Luna restaurant. It was a great venue and perfect for the shower. Cat and I were in charge of all of the decor (right up my alley). I had so much fun putting together this shower! I was very happy with how everything turned out. Here are some pictures of the baby shower:
Hadley's nursery is going to be yellow, hot pink, and orange. So we incorporated those colors into our decor. I made the pom poms and Cat and her mother did the flower arrangements. The small pots were placed on 2 coordinating pieces of scrapbook paper to add more color.

Another table with different color of pom pom

I had this yellow vase already (Sarah wanted to keep it and I wouldn't let her HA!) We found the sticks at Signed Sealed and Delivered. She did get to keep those!
The food table. All of the food was provided by the restaurant. We had queso, veggies, fruit, cupcakes, chicken salad sandwiches, and fiesta rollups.
Cat and I before the guests arrived! 
The mommy-to-be, her sister, and mother
Mom and I..we were making fun of Sarah and Cat because they always put their hands on their hips when they take a picture. Mom and I thought we would try it out!
Most of the hostesses
Sarah and I enjoying the yummy cupcakes!
Opening gifts
The gift from my mom
Does this look familiar?? This was on a previous post. I made this for Sarah to hang in the nursery! It matches her baby bedding! 

The gift from the hostesses..diaper bag, diapers, and wipes.
Party Favors-Cat made the covered pretzels and I did the lemonade favors.
I
I put pink and yellow lemonade into mason jars and added this little note!
The three of us at the end of the shower! See the hands? I had such a blast putting together this shower for Sarah and Hadley! I can't wait to meet Hadley! 













No comments:

Post a Comment