Sunday, March 13, 2011

Project Weekend

This weekend Andy and I were full of projects. My projects consisted of making canvases and topiary balls. On Saturday my friends Lindsey and Shelby came over to help me craft some projects for Andy's brothers wedding shower. I made some of these...
I made 3 red and 3 white. I'm not sure how we are going to decorate with these...either hang them or put them on a table. I love the way these look but they take FOREVER to make! I also made a canvas for the guests to sign at the shower. Its not completely finished yet but when it is I'll post a picture. We are also going to make a banner that says mr. and mrs. to hang on the mantle at the shower. It isn't made yet so pictures to come soon! A teacher at my school wanted me to make a canvas for her daughter. She is trying out for Cheerleader/Dance team at FHS and she wanted something for that occasion. I'm really happy with how it turned out!
Those were my projects for the weekend! Andy had a much bigger project on his hands. We decided to do some landscaping this year with our tax refund. Andy and I went to Lowe's and picked out the blocks that we would use. We haven't done any planting of shrubs or flowers but the bed is made and it looks so good. Andy also decided to put some sprinklers in the bed so he dug a trench and hooked up the sprinklers to the pipe. I can't wait until it is completely finished! He worked all day yesterday and half the day today on it. I helped a little today but not much! Here is what we have done so far.
This is after he dug up some of the sod and figured out where he wanted the blocks to go.
Here is the pipe with the sprinklers connected before he covered it up with dirt.
The trench on the side of our house with the piping for the sprinklers
We had to make sure the sprinklers worked and they did!!
Almost complete..we added caps to the top
Close-up of what it looks like with the caps on top
The finished product!! I am so happy with how it turned out! Now all we need to do is get some shrubs and flowers planted! 










No comments:

Post a Comment