Saturday, March 5, 2011

New decor

I haven't been happy with the decor over our bed for quite some time. I do change my mind a lot so this wasn't a surprise to Andy. Over Christmas break, I was looking on some blogs and found this really fun idea with a monogram. I love anything that has my initial so I was determined to make this work for our bedroom. I had the big initial and 3 of the frames already so I only had to buy the 2 8X10 frames. This project cost a total of $20.00! You can't beat that! Here is the project in stages:
This is the big initial that is in the center, I received this for a wedding gift and love it! 
Here are 3 of the frames: The top one with the A is the one I bought at Hobby Lobby. I used the computer to find a font that I liked then printed it off! All of the other frames have pictures from our wedding. The green frame I already had and the bronze frame I had but tweaked a little. It was silver and I spray painted it this crackled bronze. I was pleased with how it turned out.
Here are the other 3 frames with pictures and my initial. 
This is the finished product!! All of it has been done since Christmas but we were just now able to piece it together and hang it on our wall. I love, love, love it! I don't think I'll be changing my mind about this for quite some time. I know Andy will be happy about that!



No comments:

Post a Comment