Saturday, November 27, 2010

thankful, full, tired, birthday, shopped out

I just love Thanksgiving and spending time with our families. We have so many things to be thankful for...time with family, our home, our jobs, our church, community group, etc. I just love spending time with our families and sharing what we are thankful for. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family on Thursday. I did not take any pictures of the family :( We headed to my aunt and uncles at noon for our feast. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, monkey bread, green bean bundles, corn casserole, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and apple pie. There were only 8 of us and we ate and ate and ate. It was sooo good. As a tradition, after lunch we all go through the Black Friday ads and make our Christmas lists. There were some really good deals in the ads. Then we decide who is going where on Friday morning. I know I am crazy but I went to Walmart at midnight...Andy actually went with me! I was so proud of him...he said he would never do that again! We will see about that :) I went to get some movies, toys, and Andy needed shotgun shells since he was going duck hunting early Friday morning. We got back home around 1, we slept for about 2.5 hours and got up at 4:30. Andy went hunting and I was off to go shopping. I went to Kohl's, Target, Sears, Old Navy, and Ulta. It was super early but I was on a mission and was able to buy everything that I was intending to buy. My friends think I'm crazy for getting up that early but I get some good deals so to me its worth it. My mom met up with me around 7 and we went to the mall and then to Rogers. Friday night we had Thanksgiving with Andy's family at his parents house. We were also celebrating Meemaw's 80th birthday. What an amazing woman! She is so sweet and we love her dearly. We hope to be celebrating many more birthdays with her! We had a wonderful time eating and of course watching some football. My shopping finally caught up with me and I was extremely tired by 7:30 last night. Andy and I left his parents at 9 and got home and went straight to bed. We were worn out! I actually slept in this morning until 9...totally good for me! I did a little shopping this morning, addressed our Christmas cards, and helped my mom decorate her house for Christmas. I came home and Andy and I watched the Hogs play...super excited about beating LSU. We have stayed in all night and made some smores while watching movies! One of my students gave me a smores gift basket for Thanksgiving. So sweet! I can't believe tomorrow is my last day of Thanksgiving break. It always goes by so fast! We only have 3 weeks before Christmas break so I can hang in there! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families.

1 comment:

  1. Your house looks great! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and break!! I did the super-early shopping too (including Wal-mart). I think it is fun!

    ReplyDelete