Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Weekend

 This weekend was full of shopping, swimming, grilling, and relaxation. My friend Cat came up to spend the whole weekend with us. I was so excited! On Friday we went to a couple of shops and had dinner with my dad at Rolando's. We had never eaten there before and it was pretty good. I wasn't a fan of my dinner but their salsa and guacamole was awesome! Saturday we took a girls day trip to Branson. My mom, Cat, and I left early on Saturday and shopped till we dropped. We went to the Landing and the Tanger Outlet Mall. Our shopping trip was a success and we all came away with some great things! Sunday we went to my parents house for a day of relaxation. We laid out by the pool and swam all afternoon. I was super excited that the weather was warm but not excited about getting sunburned. The first sunburn of the season is always the worst and this was no exception. Andy got really sunburned..he looked like a lobster!
Cat and I laying out
A little game of volleyball
Today was more of the same as yesterday except Cat had to leave :( We went over to my parents for lunch. My dad smoked a pork tenderloin and it was so good. We also had roasted potatoes, green beans, rolls, and coleslaw. Cat made a key lime pie that was so delicious.
Doesn't that look good?? I didn't stay out too long today since I got sunburned yesterday. Andy went to Joplin today to help with the tornado destruction. I know he enjoyed serving the people of Joplin. I love that he has such a servant's heart. He doesn't think twice about it he just does it. I love him for that! Tomorrow it is back to school. We only have 7 more days left!!! I am so ready for summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment