Saturday, May 14, 2011

Flowers, Flowers, Flowers

 Andy and I decided to do some landscaping this year in our front yard. He is super handy and can do ANYTHING! I am very lucky! We decided to lay some rocks around our flowerbed. He also decided to add 3 sprinklers in the flower bed...he did it all so well! I am super impressed with his handiwork. Here is the before of our flowerbed...
This was all that was in our flowerbed 4 shrubs..we dug them up put mulch down and added these...
We left 2 of the shrubs, added 2 juniper trees, 2 pink dianthus, 1 knockout rose, 6 lily's, and a lot of small flowers. You can't see the dianthus or small flowers. We have had so much rain lately that I hope my small flowers will still come up. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Our juniper trees aren't very big but I know they will grow and it will look a lot better. My mom has always loved to plant flowers and when I lived at home I dreaded the day that she would have me help her do her pots. She didn't just do 1 or 2 it was more like 5 or 6. I would always complain and never really wanted to help her. Now, I love to plant flowers! I also planted some pansies and dianthus around our 2 small trees in our front yard. They have done so well.
Looks pretty good huh? I have 2 pots that I put by our garage door and this year I just put an assortment of flowers in them. We have had so much rain so I hope they make it!
I have 2 urns by my front door and I planted 2 ferns in them. I did it last year and the ferns got so big, I'm hoping they will do the same this year. 
My front door! I found my flower sign at Hobby Lobby and just thought it was perfect for spring. I wish it was a little bigger but it will have to do! Hope your enjoying this chilly weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment