Thursday, February 3, 2011

Movie and Dessert

Last night Whitney and I decided to have a movie night at my house. The boys were going to the Razorback game so it was just the two of us. I decided to make this yummy dessert that my aunt made a while back. I made cinnamon apple parfaits!! They are super easy and so yummy!! This is all you need:
1 cup of oatmeal
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup of butter, melted
21 oz. of apple pie filling, warmed
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1 qt. of vanilla ice cream

You mix the oatmeal, brown sugar, and butter together. Put in an 8X8 pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Let it cool then crumble it up.
Warm up the apples and add the cinnamon
Put the oatmeal mixture in a bowl, top with apples, then ice cream! 
YUMMY!! It was just what we needed! 
We watched the movie Just Wright and enjoyed staying inside and being warm!! This is Snow day #3. I have been inside for the past 2 days and I think I'm going to try and venture out today!! It's driving me nuts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment