Monday, January 3, 2011

Highlights from 2010

I have been seeing a lot of blogs that have the best of 2010 or top 10 of 2010. SO...I decided I would recap our lives of 2010.  2010 was a year of firsts for us! We had our first anniversary, first NASCAR race, first road trip together, first time to Chicago, first time to paint, etc. So here goes:

1. In early January I realized that I had an unknown talent and began painting canvases with my neighbor Whitney. We started a little business called dazzled designs and sold some canvases and frames to teachers at my school. However, we haven't painted much lately. I also painted rugs with some of my friends. 



2. In April, Andy and I went to Dallas for the NASCAR race with my family. My dad is a huge NASCAR fan and we have gone to several races but this time it was Andy's first race. He loved it and we will probably make this a yearly trip.



3. In June Andy and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary by taking a trip to Chicago and St. Louis. I have a friend that lives in Chicago so we stayed with them downtown. This trip held many firsts for us. First time to Chicago,  road trip with just the two of us, Cubs game, eat a Chicago dog, ride a subway, and eat Chicago style pizza. We had a great time and hope to go back to this wonderful city soon!

4. In August, Andy had an amazing opportunity to go on a mission trip to Haiti with some people from our church. I, on the other hand, stayed home and worked in my classroom. It was a great experience for him! He would love to go back!


5. In October, we went to a pumpkin patch in Tontitown. Again, another first for us. We hope to make this a tradition and go every year. 


6. December held a big event for us. It was our turn to host Christmas for my mom's side of the family. It was so much fun to plan and prepare for this big day. It was a wonderful Christmas!

Those are just a few of the "firsts" we had of 2010. I can't believe we are in 2011 already! Everyone says as you get older the years go by faster and faster and I'm starting to agree. I hope 2011 is as great as 2010. 







No comments:

Post a Comment