I love this cookbook and hope to make many more of her yummy recipes!
Here is the recipe for the lasagna...I know you can't see it so here is the recipe:
1 tablespoon olive oil
10 ounces of lasagna noodles
1 pd mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 pds hamburger
1 pd of hot sausage
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 14.5 oz. cans of whole tomatoes
2 6-oz cans of tomato paste
10 to 12 basil leaves
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
3 cups low fat cottage cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup of grated parmesean cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Bring large pot of water to boil, add oil and salt, cook noodles until soft
3. In large skillet over medium, saute hamburger, sausage, and garlic until brown
4. Add the tomatoes with their juice, tomato paste, 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper
5. Stir together well, simmer over low heat for 45 minutes
6. Use half of basil leaves and parsley and mix into meat mixture, set the rest aside
7. In medium bowl, combine the cottage cheese, eggs, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, and the other half of the herbs
8. Stir together well
9. Begin by layering 4 lasagna noodles in the bottom of baking pan. Noodles can overlap
10. Spoon half the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles, spread evenly
11. Sprinkle half of mozzarella cheese on top of cottage cheese mixture
12. Cover half of meat mixture on top of cheese
13. Now repeat the process beginning with a layer of lasagna noodles....
14. Followed by cottage cheese...
15. Followed by mozzarella cheese..
16. Ending with meat mixture layer
17. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese on top. Bake in over for 45 minutes or until lasagna is bubbly.
It was so good and not as time consuming as I thought. Pioneer Woman did not disappoint. Tonight I'm going to make her twice baked potatoes! YUM!