Sunday, May 30, 2010

Row, row, row, your boat...

We have had a great Memorial Day weekend. We along with our friends, Lindsey and Grayson went camping and canoeing at the Buffalo River. We left on Friday and came back this morning. I have been camping a few times but this was probably the most "roughing it" I have experienced. We didn't camp at a typical campground, it felt like we were camping in an open field next to the river. There were no showers, the bathrooms were basically outhouses that were spread along the campsite. It was interesting! I do not have any pictures of the entire weekend, I don't know what I was thinking. We went canoeing all day on Saturday and it was so much fun! The Buffalo is so nice and clean. We ran into a group of people several times that were just obnoxious. One guy said to every canoe that went by..."Hey I know you...Where you from?" It was funny at first but after the twentieth time it was annoying! There were some interesting people on the river. There was an entire group of women who were singing Row, row, row your boat. How fitting for the occasion! Andy and Grayson fished as we floated down the river..they caught several perch and a couple of small mouth bass, but no keepers.We floated 10 miles and then headed back to campsite. Andy cooked steaks for dinner and we had a blueberry and cherry cobbler that he made in the dutch oven..Yummy! I didn't sleep good on Friday night but I was out like a light last night and slept so good! We packed up our things this morning and drove home. Andy and I went to my parents house for a cookout and swimming. After we came home I took a 2 hour nap. Life is good! I hope you have had a great Memorial Day weekend with friends and family!

No comments:

Post a Comment