Monday, February 1, 2010

Yummy Recipes

Since I have been cooped up in the house for the past 3 days, I decided I would bake. I know what your thinking...Hayley Bake? Over the Christmas break I found that I really do like to bake and cook if I have the time. Usually when I get home from school I don't want to do either. I have found some new recipes that I have enjoyed and wanted to share them with you. The first recipe is for cookies. It is by far my favorite cookie. What better ingredients than peanut butter and chocolate chips? They are so yummy! The next recipe was given to me by a friend in our community group ( Elizabeth Ray). I'm not a huge chocolate lover but this pound cake is divine. I have made it A LOT!! Everyone always loves it and wants the recipe. The final recipe is a quick and easy fix. It is my mom's recipe and she has made it ever since I was little. It has 5 ingredients and thats it. I hope you enjoy what I have been enjoying!

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
1/2 cup of creamy or chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 3/4 cups of Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375
Combine flour and baking soda in small bowl. Beat butter, peanut butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set but centers are still soft. Cool on baking sheets for 4 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding
1/2 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of vegetable oil
3/4 cup of water
4 eggs
8 oz. light sour cream
1 bag of chocolate chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Mix all dry ingredients together. Beat oil, water, and eggs by hand. Add sour cream. Combine with dry ingredients (a little at a time). After everything is mixed together, fold in the chocolate chips. Grease a bundt pan and pour in batter. Bake for 1 hour or until done. Let cool and flip.

Dump Cake
1 can crushed pineapple (20 oz)
1 can cherry pie filling (20 oz)
1 yellow cake mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 sticks of butter
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease 9X13 inch pan. Dump in pineapple, including juice. Add cherry pie filling on top of pineapple and spread over bottom of pan. Pour dry cake mix over cherries and pineapple and spread smoothly. Sprinkle with nuts. Cut butter into squares and place evenly over the top. Bake for 1 hour.




No comments:

Post a Comment