Sunday, October 31, 2010

HaPpY HaLlOwEeN

Today is Halloween! This isn't my favorite holiday but I do enjoy it! I remember going trick or treating in my neighborhood when I was little and loved it so much! The best part was going home and eating as much candy as my parents would let me that night. My mom is known on her street for giving out the best candy. When I was in college we decided to make treat bags for the kids on the street. We would put toys, candy, cokes, chips, popcorn, etc. in the bags. They loved it! She didn't do the treat bags for a few years but this year she decided to do it again...I went and put the bags together this afternoon. The kids are going to love them this year! We don't do anything too exciting on Halloween, its pretty laid back for us. Last year we carved pumpkins with Clay and Whitney but we didn't have time do that this year. So tonight, Andy and I are going to my uncles house to have dinner and give out candy to trick or treaters. I love passing out candy, since we won't be home I am leaving some candy out for our trick or treaters..with this sign..
I'm sure they won't abide by my sign...but maybe they will. We shall see what is left when we return home. Since we are going to my uncles for dinner he requested that I bring corn dip. I have made this many times and he loves it! So for those of you who have been asking for this recipe and I haven't gotten it to you here it is:
Hot Corn Dip
Ingredients:
1 can of yellow corn
1 can of shoepeg corn
1 can of rotel
1 package of cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
Fresh cilantro to taste
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Drain first three ingredients and put in large bowl
3. Soften cream cheese in microwave then add to large bowl
4. Add chili powder, garlic powder, and cilantro to bowl and stir until mixed well
5. Put in baking dish and bake for 30 minutes
Here is the corn dip mixture before baking
In the oven baking...it is so good! I will post pictures later of our trick or treating event with my family! Have a safe and fun time tonight!




No comments:

Post a Comment