Monday, June 7, 2010

Time to say goodbye

Today was my last official day of school meaning last day with the kids. I have to go tomorrow for a workday and then I will be done until August. Woo Hoo!!! Today was pretty laid back...we cleaned the room, the desks, hung up paper over my bookshelves, watched a movie, and had a pizza party. We also played Multiplication and State Bingo. The kids loved it! I wanted to do something different for my kiddos this year. My good friend Carly came up with this idea last year. She made a slideshow of her kids from the beginning of the school year to the end. I loved that idea! I decided to tackle this for my class this year with the help of my awesome hubby! It definitely took some time but I had so fun picking pictures and adding music. I made 22 copies for each one of my students to have. I watched it several times this past weekend and was fine. I showed it to my class this morning and the tears came rolling. It finally hit me that this was my last day with these precious kids who I have called my own for a year. I had a great group of kiddos this year and will miss them terribly next year! Here are some pictures that I had on the slideshow:





No comments:

Post a Comment