Saturday, June 12, 2010

This weekend I have been in the painting mood. I have painted a kitchen rug for my mom and a vase for my kitchen. My friend Ashley painted this vase for her house and I loved it...so I went to Hobby Lobby bought the vase, paint, and initial and went to work. Ashley made it sound so easy and I had a few minor difficulties. In the end it turned out pretty good...
I have also been in the baking mood. Only in summer do I make this dessert...fruit pizza!! It is so yummy! I invited my neighbor Whitney over tonight to try it and she loved it!! She said it was definitely something I needed to blog about. So thats what I am doing..here is the recipe for Fruit Pizza:
18 oz. sugar cookie roll
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp. of vanilla
Any Fruit of your choice ( I use strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, pineapple, and mandarin oranges)
1/2 cup of strawberry preserves
2 tbs. of water
Directions:
1. Slice cookies and line pizza pan to make crust
2. Bake crust at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
3. Let crust cool completely
4. Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and then spread on crust
5. Drain fruit and arrange over cream cheese mixture
6. Mix preserves and water and drizzle over fruit
7. Cover and refrigerate
8. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment