Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lake Ouachita

This weekend Andy and I met up with our friends Carly and Dustin at Lake Ouachita. Dustin's parents have a place on the lake so we headed down there for the weekend. We got there late Friday night, built a fire and talked on the deck. We woke up on Saturday and went and rode four wheelers around the lake. We rode for about an hour then went back and watched the Razorback game. We were about to turn it off after halftime but thought we would keep watching. We were so glad that we did! It was a great game in the second half. After the game, we went and rode some more. We decided to find a trail that went by the lake, we thought we found one and decided to try it out. We get close to the lake and realize that we are going to have to cross a little bit of water to get across. I am a little nervous because in my mind I'm thinking...we are going to get stuck. Sure enough, we got stuck! Literally it sunk in the mud. I jumped off and my shoe sunk in the mud as well. I wasn't too thrilled about that. Dustin gets to the other side and is going to try and pull Andy out. Well after 3 or 4 tries I'm really starting to get nervous. It ends up taking all 4 of us to get it out. Dustin and Andy are pushing from behind, I'm pulling from the front, and Carly is gunning it on their 4-wheeler. Finally, it was a success! The girls (I) decided to not ride too much longer after that incident. We went to Cajun Broiler in Hot Springs! It was really good. After dinner we watched the Florida/Alabama game. For some reason, I got really tired after dinner. I watched a little of the game and then fell asleep at 9:00. We woke up this morning packed up and drove home. We had such a great time with them at the lake! Hopefully we can go again!








No comments:

Post a Comment