Monday, October 24, 2011


Well, it has almost been a month since I went to Chicago with my mom. I have been super busy since we returned and haven't had time to post some pics until now! We had such a great time visiting Sarah, sweet baby Hadley, and Elizabeth. It was just a girls weekend and we had a blast! Mom and I flew in on Friday morning and went to check in at our hotel then hit up Magnificent Mile for some shopping. We went to H&M, Forever 21, Macy's, North Face, and Crate and Barrel. We ate lunch at Cheesecake factory and then decided to do a double decker bus tour. It ended up being one of the best parts of the trip.
Mom and I on top of the double decker bus

One of the 14 stops on the bus tour

The it! 
John Hancock Tower. We went up to the observatory and it has the fastest elevator in the world. We took some great pictures but mine did not turn out very good.

The famous Drake Hotel was another attraction on our bus tour.

The famous Chicago sign..we didn't get our picture in front of it :( Those were just a few stops on the bus tour. On Friday night, we met Sarah and her mom at her apartment and went to dinner. I was so excited to see Sarah and her precious baby Hadley.

I wish this picture wouldn't have been so blurry! It was a super sweet picture. I just loved seeing Hadley and holding her, however; it did not give me the urge to have a baby! Ha! We went to dinner at Wildfire and it was delicious! After dinner, we went back to their apartment and mom and I headed back to our hotel. We got up early on Saturday and had breakfast at the Original Pancake House and went back to the bus tour. We went to Navy Pier and had a great time! We couldn't have asked for a better weekend, the weather was perfect!

Mom and I decided to rent a quadcycle to ride around the lake. It was pretty fun but it showed us how out of shape we were! We spent a few hours at Navy Pier and met Sarah for lunch at Genos East Pizza. Mom had never had Chicago style pizza before. After lunch, we shopped some more on Michigan Avenue and called it an early night. We went non-stop all weekend! On Sunday, we woke up and walked down State and then met Sarah at Tavern on Rush for brunch. We got to eat outside and enjoy the fresh air. We then went back to State to do some last minute shopping before heading to the airport. Mom and I had a great time and miss them so much! Sarah and Riley will be moving closer in December and we can't wait to go see them in Little Rock and love on that baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment