Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

This Easter weekend was quite different from most. The weather has been yucky for the past 4 days. Last Thursday we had a hail storm with golf ball size hail. I was at school when it happened so my car got hit pretty bad...$3,500.00 bad! Needless to say I'm pretty upset about that but at least I wasn't the only one! The remainder of the weekend has been full of thunderstorms. My friend Cat came up for the weekend so that was nice! Her sister is having a baby and we are throwing her a baby shower in June. Cat and I went to Hobby Lobby and Signed Sealed to look for ideas! We did come up with some fun ideas..can't wait for the shower! Today we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus Christ! What a glorious day! We headed to church then to my parents house for Easter lunch.
Cat and I in our Easter outfits 
I just love Easter! In years past my grandmother has always hosted Easter at her house. We always have 25-30 people for Easter. This year, my mom hosted it. Cat and I went over there last night to help get the tables and chairs set up. We had about 36 people! It was so nice to be able to visit with friends and family. Due to the downpour we had to have the Easter Egg Hunt inside. We had to get a little more creative on where to hide the eggs. The kids loved it! The eggs were filled with candy and money! Here are just a few of the places we hid some of the eggs:
After the kids hunted for the eggs, they sat and counted them and opened them up!
My mom has always gotten me a little something for Easter and this year was no exception! She got Cat and I both a basket with candy, shower gel and lotion, and a candle. So sweet!!
Cat and I with our Easter baskets! She got Andy candy and a Hounstooth t-shirt. I hope everyone had a wonderful day celebrating the resurrection of our Lord. He is risen...he is risen indeed! 







No comments:

Post a Comment