Well..school has officially started and even though I was dreading it so bad its nice to get back into a routine. I have a good group of 3rd graders and I think it will be a good year. However, there are still some things that I miss about summer...
1. Being able to sleep in and not shower until noon....now I get up at 5:45
2. Staying up late....I'm usually in bed by 10
3. Laying out all afternoon....in my classroom
4. Eating OUT for lunch....eating Lean Cuisines
5. Going shopping in the middle of the day just because I can!....teaching
6. Not putting on makeup....I wear makeup everyday to school
7. Wearing a hat...I have to fix my hair
8. Eating a good breakfast....get something as I'm walking out the door such as a granola bar
9. Not dressing up....I usually wear skirts, dresses, or dress pants
10. Spending my day doing whatever I want....Now I spend my time keeping my kids in line and grading papers
I do miss summer a lot!!! I mean A LOT!! My kiddos do make my job fun and exciting, which makes me want to go to work everyday. They always have a story to tell me about what they did over the weekend. They truly are excited about being at school and learning.
1 day ago