Monday, August 9, 2010

Long week

This past week was super long for me. Andy left for Haiti on July 31 and returned this past Saturday. I had to keep busy or I would have gone in sane. I worked in my classroom, had a workshop, swam, and my mom took off on Thursday and Friday to hang out with me. Needless to say, my week was pretty busy which was good. I was so glad to see my hubby and couldn't wait to hear all about his trip. He got in at midnight on Saturday and we stayed up until almost 2 talking about the trip and looking at his pictures. I couldn't believe some of the stories he had told me. He had an amazing time and God worked through him in so many ways. One of my favorite stories was about the family that they had built the house for. This family lived up on a mountain in Port au Prince and their house was damaged in the earthquake. The wife had a vision that white missionaries would come and build her family a house. She had prayed for months that a house would be built for her. Andy's team was the answer to her prayers. Andy's team and some other guys from Texas and Virginia helped build this house. It is a 9 X14 house with 2 windows and a door. It is made of 2X4's, plywood, and metal. It took them only 3 days to build the house. Here are some pictures of the house being built.
The foundation

Making progress



The finished house..the family was so grateful and excited.
The goal for Andy's group was to build this house. Since they finished it somewhat earlier than expected they also went and helped out in an orphanage. The orphanage that they visited was one of the nicer ones and most of the kids were clothed and healthy. He took some cute pictures of the kids and they loved getting their picture taken. He said they would want you to take it and then they wanted to look at the screen to see themselves..so cute! Andy had a great time on the trip..he really saw God work through him and his team to help the Haitians. He would love to go back sometime and I might go next time :) I'll leave you with some more pictures from the trip.
View from the house that they stayed in
Tent city that they worked in
Andy and Jacques
Ben
Rubber boats boy..Andy said he wore yellow rubber boats everyday
The whole group...Stacy, Randall, Ben, Andy, Sontina, Betsy, and Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment