Thursday, April 15, 2010

Handy Andy is his name

I just love my husband, Andy. He has earned the nickname "Handy Andy" from some of my family members because he really is handy! He can make, build, and fix anything. Andy is the saver and I am the spender (who would have thought?) I am always wanting to change things around the house (I know your not surprised) and he doesn't really like that I change my mind a million times. My friend Lindsey had her dad build this wall hanging and I loved it! I found it in Pottery Barn and it was like $100.00, Andy was like I can make that for cheaper. My ears perked up and I was like okay let's go to Lowe's NOW. So off to Lowe's we went and we made the hanging for $50.00. It is awesome! I haven't hung it up yet because I'm waiting on a table that he is supposed to make me for my office.
It has 6 squares total, 2 are cork board, 2 are chalk board, and 2 are fabric. I love it! I can't wait to hang it up! Andy has also made several wood frames, we bought the wood he cut it down, put it together, and painted it. Here is one that he did..
Andy is always the person that our friends and neighbors call for help with hanging things, making shutters, mounting tvs, fixing lawn mowers, etc. He made our shutters for our house and our neighbors house. He put them together and I painted them.
Andy has also taken a lawn mower completely apart and put it back together and it WORKS!! I wish I would have taken some pictures of that. He really is handy! We are hoping to landscape outside our house this year, I will post pictures once we get started. We have a big weekend planned in Dallas. We are leaving tomorrow after I am out of school and will return on Monday. We are going to the NASCAR race! It should be a fun and exciting weekend. I'll have pictures to post on Monday! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment